As seen in issue 9, Jot Girl Leanne Allinson joins us to share her step by step tutorial on how to make these awesome Back To School cards for your pocket pages.
PROJECT LIFE BACK TO SCHOOL CARDS by Leanne Allinson
I’ve made these three journaling cards for my Project Life Week 3 spread as seen in issue 9 of Jot. Here’s my step by step tutorial on how I pulled these cards together.
Layered 3×4 filler card | Step by step
1. Trim Amy Tangerine Stitched “Scissors” patterned paper to 3×4.
2. Layer the Dear Lizzy Serendipity ephemera playing card(#2), off centre to the right. Straight lines aren’t essential!
3. Randomly apply twisted cotton thread to the top of the ephemera playing card.
4. Adhere the Dear Lizzy “best ever” circle ephemera over the cotton thread and allowing the circle to hang over the 3×4 card edge. Trim circle to 3×4 card’s edge.
5. Add your journaling strip over lower edge of circle ephemera and adhere navy enamel dots/arrow.
Supplies| Cardstock: – American Crafts white; Patterned paper – Amy Tangerine Stitched (scissors); other – Dear Lizzy Serendipity Ephemera pack, navy enamel dots/arrow, cotton thread; tools – typewriter
Ombre Watercolour technique | Step by step
1. Apply clean water to the watercolour word (top only) with a round paintbrush.
2. Working quickly, apply the Mint Colorshine to the water washed area of the word.
3. Clean brush thoroughly and repeat steps 1 & 2 using the navy Colorshine on the lower half of the watercolour word. Allow to dry.
4. Trim cardstock to 4×6 and the Dear Lizzy “Odds and Ends” patterned paper to 3.75×5.75. Adhere the layers together and add your stamped phrases and journaling to the top left corner.
5. Add a border strip of hearts and layer with a trimmed navy label (Smitten patterned paper). Tuck the rounded navy glasses from the ephemera pack between the border strip and label.
6. Finish the card by adhering your dry ombre watercolour word to the label and three enamel dots below the journaling.
Supplies | Cardstock – Bazzill turquoise; Patterned paper – Dear Lizzy Serendipity (Odds and Ends/Lucky Love/Smitten); Other – Dear Lizzy Watercolour Words, Dear Lizzy Serendipity Ephemera Pack, enamel dots, Heidi Swapp Colorshine (Mint/Navy); clear stamps – Kelie Stamps, Heidi Swapp; tools – typewriter.
Week Three title card | Step by step
1. Trim Amy Tangerine patterned paper to 4×6 and the Bella Blvd patterned paper to 1×6.
2. Adhere the 1″ strip of paper to the 4×6 card, approximately 1″ from the bottom and layer the circle constellation embellishment from the ephemera pack, on the right.
3. Using an electronic cutting machine, cut a map of Australia from the textured cardstock. Adhere the map to the lower section of the circle embellishment.