THANK YOU. OUR SUBMISSIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED FOR ISSUE 15 OF JOT. I’ll be emailing successful contributors over the next few weeks.
We are now working on Issue 15 of Jot Magazine. Would you like to be part of our publication?
We are looking for AWESOME LAYOUTS from our readers..
If you would like your work to be considered for publication in Issue 15 of, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU include:
- the gallery theme you are submitting to
- a jpeg of your layout — a clear, well lit shot
- a sentence introducing your layout
- your name and where you are from + a blog link (if you have one)
The deadline is : Friday 8 July 2016
Spots for Issue 15 are again strictly limited and we always receive a high volume of submissions so please don’t feel disheartened if your work isn’t accepted. I also want to mention that while I do make every effort to email you all regardless of whether you are accepted or not, I may not be able to answer every single email but I do try my best to let you know either way…
Here are the galleries — do you have an awesome layout you think we will love? We want to see it.
- SPARKLE | We all love a little bit of sparkle in our lives! In this gallery, I am after layouts or cards or mini books, Project Life filler cards, planner pages.. anything papery — with some added sparkle – can be glitter, shimmer, gold or silver accents, sequins etc – anything that adds some shimmer/sparkle/shine to your work..
- DIAGONAL | Okay — I’m after layouts featuring diagonals — diagonal journaling, diagonal photo placement/shape, diagonal patterned paper strips etc..
- Story Telling – Dad… Our STORY TELLING gallery isn’t just about pretty photos and embellishments — our focus is on the story. It doesn’t have to be a long story.. just a few sentences or even a few words if that’s all it takes to tell your story. For us here in Australia, Father’s Day is September so I am looking for layouts related to dads – dad jokes, my dad, interview with dad/grandad, new dad, grandad, celebrating fathers day.
- Project Life Gallery | We want to see your double or single page Project Life/pocket style spreads.
The fine print>>
- Layouts can be any size.
- WORK MUST BE YOUR OWN. We are only interested in accepting your own original work.
- Project Life pages need to be double page spreads (although we do also consider single pages if thats what you have to show us)
- While we prefer projects that have been created just for our themes, we do accept layouts that have appeared on blogs or in online galleries BUT we can’t accept layouts that have been previously published in other magazines (online or print publications)
- If your work is accepted I will email you let you know you have been successful and I will then ask for a supplies list and any additional information.
- We only have space for a small select number of layouts to help fill our galleries, and I will try my very hardest to email each of you back to acknowledge your submission and let you know if we have accepted your work but due to the expected volume of emails this may not be possible.
- We are looking for fresh, innovative and well photographed layouts.
- PLEASE KEEP IMAGE SIZE small (under 500kb preferred)
Email me – email@example.com by Friday 8 July 2016 for your work to be considered.