Our Issue 8 Christmas BUMPER edition of Jot Magazine releases 1 December 2014.
And we would love you to be a part of it!
If you would like to have your work published in Issue 8 of Jot Magazine, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- the gallery theme you are submitting to.
- a jpeg of your layout — a clear, well lit shot
- a sentence introducing your layout
- your name and where you are from + a blog link (if you have one)
We work fast around here so I need all work submitted by 13 November 2014. That’s just ten days away so it’s a super duper tight deadline… Show us your best work!
Spots for Issue 8 are limited and we always receive a high volume of submissions so please don’t feel disheartened if your work isn’t accepted. Here are the galleries — do you have an awesome layout you think we will love? We want to see it.
Gold Foil | Theres so much gold foil around at the moment that it would be remiss of us not to include it in Jot. Think gold foil embellishments, journaling cards, titles etc...
White + One | Think white toned papers, cardstock, embellishments, black and white photos and then choose one other colour to toss into the mix. That colour can be in the form of embellishments, inking, misting, patterned paper or even just a splash of colour with some coloured machine stitching.
Story Telling – Christmas | This issues STORY TELLING GALLERY is all about our Christmas stories — be that your family traditions, a focus on your Christmas decorations/tree, your children’s wishlists, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day… tell us your favourite Christmas stories.
Project Life Gallery | We want to see your double page Project Life/pocket style spreads. We are also after AWESOME PROJECT LIFE journaling cards.. have you got some journaling cards to show us! Any size — 3×4, 4×6 etc.. and with a Christmas theme.
The fine print>>
- Layouts can be either 12×12 inch or 8.5x11inch in size.
- WORK MUST BE YOUR OWN. We are only interested in accepting your own original work.
- Project Life pages need to be double page spreads (although we do also consider single pages if thats what you have to show us)
- While we prefer projects that have been created just for our themes, we do accept layouts that have appeared on blogs or in online galleries BUT we can’t accept layouts that have been previously published in other magazines (online or print publications)
- If your work is accepted I will email you let you know you have been successful and I will then ask for a supplies list and any additional information.
- We only have space for a small select number of layouts to help fill our galleries, and I will try my very hardest to email each of you back to acknowledge your submission and let you know if we have accepted your work but due to the expected volume of emails this may not be possible.
- We are looking for fresh, innovative and well photographed layouts.