Our Issue 9 of Jot Magazine releases 1 March 2015.
And we would love to invite you to be a part of it!
If you would like to have your work published in Issue 9 of Jot Magazine, send an email to email@example.com and include:
- the gallery theme you are submitting to.
- a jpeg of your layout — a clear, well lit shot
- a sentence introducing your layout
- your name and where you are from + a blog link (if you have one)
We work fast around here so I need all work submitted by
9 February 2015. Deadline extended to Thursday morning 12 February 2015. Show us your best work!
Spots for Issue 9 are limited and we always receive a high volume of submissions so please don’t feel disheartened if your work isn’t accepted. I also want to mention that while I do make every effort to email you all regardless of whether you are accepted or not, I may not be able to answer every single email but I do try my best to let you know either way…
Here are the galleries — do you have an awesome layout you think we will love? We want to see it.
Hand Stitching | We would love to see your layouts featuring hand stitched detail — think stitched backgrounds, small hand stitched details, large stitched embellishments. Any theme, any sized layout.. any colour or designs..
Oh Deer | I love the little “deer” designs around at the moment! They’re so sweet and theres lots of stamps, embellishments and supplies out there featuring the deer design. Think deer papers, embellishments, stamped detail, cut files.. anything “deer” related! Layouts can be any size, colour, design, themes.. just as long as you have added some “deer” elements.
Story Telling – Back To School | For us in Australia, it’s back to school time in February as our kids welcome in the new school year. Our STORY TELLING gallery isn’t just about pretty photos and embellishments — our focus is on the story. It doesn’t have to be a long story.. just a few sentences or even a few words if that’s all it takes to tell your story. It can be the story of your own children heading off to school for the the new year or a flashback of your own school experiences or maybe a story about your first day at school or your kid’s first day at school.
Project Life Gallery | We want to see your double page Project Life/pocket style spreads.
The fine print>>
- Layouts can be any size.
- WORK MUST BE YOUR OWN. We are only interested in accepting your own original work.
- Project Life pages need to be double page spreads (although we do also consider single pages if thats what you have to show us)
- While we prefer projects that have been created just for our themes, we do accept layouts that have appeared on blogs or in online galleries BUT we can’t accept layouts that have been previously published in other magazines (online or print publications)
- If your work is accepted I will email you let you know you have been successful and I will then ask for a supplies list and any additional information.
- We only have space for a small select number of layouts to help fill our galleries, and I will try my very hardest to email each of you back to acknowledge your submission and let you know if we have accepted your work but due to the expected volume of emails this may not be possible.
- We are looking for fresh, innovative and well photographed layouts.