The search is now on.
Are you a Jot Girl?
We have a limited number of spots on our Jot Girls team for 2015. Our new 2015 Team will start work from January 2015 creating content for our Issue 9 – releasing 1 March 2015.
Over the past 18 months since starting Jot, the role of my Creative Team has grown and evolved. Being a Jot Girl is not just about creating a few samples for each issue of Jot Magazine anymore.
I need motivated, creative, supportive and loyal girls who can:
- create layouts and projects for each issue of Jot Magazine (Jot is published 4 times a year)
- take part in our monthly Mood Board challenges (not every single month but at least every few challenges) and also help with judging to find our winners each month,
- create content for the Jot blog on a roster basis.
- contribute projects for our online classes and ebooks plus special editions of Jot (that I have in the pipeline)
- rub shoulders with our class participants in the Jot classrooms by leaving comments in the forums and galleries and making our participants feel welcomed.
- as well as work with manufacturers kits for special promotions (e.g.: like the team did earlier this year with Heidi Swapp)
- and also most importantly, a team who can help promote Jot out there in cyber land on social media.
I know that many creatives are now on multiple Design Teams and that’s totally okay with me HOWEVER, I want our audience to instantly recognise WHO the Jot Girls are when they look at their blogs and their social media feeds. Helping promote Jot and all that we do here is an important part of this role 🙂
The magazine is growing at a remarkable rate.
We have a huge audience.
And it’s allowed me branch out into other things – like workshops (eg. Jot Pockets) and ebooks which are part of my bigger picture when it comes to my business goals… I am after team members who are willing to be part of not just the magazine, but all that Jot offers. Along the way there will be opportunities for all sorts of things.. and these will be things I am not even sure of yet.. so I need girls who are flexible and willing to be part of whatever things come our way as far as Jot is concerned.
I have been incredibly blessed with my current 2013/2014 Jot Girls Team and some of them will be staying on. But I will have a few spots for a few new Jot Girls.
We need people who:
- are enthusiastic, energetic, reliable and are team players PLUS people who love what we are doing,
- who LOVE the magazine and WANT to be part of our Jot Team
- are passionate about paper crafting, memory keeping and documenting life.
- able to meet deadlines
- possess strong writing and photography skills
- create awesome Project Life* and paper crafting projects.
- are prepared to come on board and not submit or work for any other online paper craft/scrapbooking/memory keeping type magazine during their term with us. We don’t expect total exclusivity but as far as a conflict of interest goes, we need to know our team is committed to Jot and aren’t working at promoting or working for another online craft/scrapbooking magazine ..
- can commit to me and Jot for a minimum of 6 months (January-June 2015) with an option to extend the term after June 2015.
* Project Life – it’s okay if you don’t do Project Life or only dabble in it now and then. Mainly we are after paper loving/memory keeping people who are passionate about this craft we are all involved in and if you do Project Life as well then that’s fantastic – if you don’t, then that’s okay too!
Think this could be you? Here’s how to show us your stuff.
- your name and contact details + all links to where we can find you.
- 3-5 photos of your favourite paper crafting projects — layouts, cards, Project Life spreads, journaling cards, mini books etc. Choose projects that best show off your skills and style. You don’t HAVE to make things specifically for this Creative Team call — you can choose pieces that have been published on your blog or in galleries before — we just need to see what you can do and if you are the right fit for our team (keep the file size of your pics smallish when emailing if you can 🙂
- a few sentences introducing yourself and telling us WHY you want to be part of the Jot Creative Team.
We hope to narrow the field to a team of finalists and then we will make our final decision by mid November.. stay tuned. I do anticipate a lot of interest in this call (based on the number of emails I receive each week asking when I am doing a Jot Girls call ..) and I will try my hardest to let you know if you are a finalist or if you aren’t quite the right fit for us here at Jot.
As a JOT Girl you will receive:
- the opportunity to show your work to a global audience, to build your own profile and be part of the Jot online community. Many of our existing Jot Girls have been presented with lots of other amazing opportunities since being with us here at Jot.
- access to all workshops in our Jot Classrooms + access to our Jot Spot membership site and access to past and future ebooks, workshops and special issues of the magazine.
- the chance to be part of something truly special — Jot is growing fast! And you get the chance to come along for the adventure.
- the chance to work with manufacturers products when we team up with different companies along the way eg: Heidi Swapp and Craft House donated generously throughout the 2014 term.
- access to our Private Jot Girls forum site which is located as part of the Jot Classrooms.
- the chance to write articles and contribute to our workshops by creating projects — we will pay a small payment to those Jot Girls who contribute to our workshops.
- the experience of being part of our Jot Team with like minded, beautiful girls who will become friends as well as team mates.
CLOSING DATE: Friday 31 October 2014.
I *think* I have covered everything… if you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to email me..