It’s time for Jot Girl Steph to share her Valentine’s Day project with us in our mini series of Valentine’s tutorials.
Keep an eye on the blog over the coming days to see what we have in store for you and check out all of the Love From The Jot Girls posts here>>
Felt & Fabric Valentine’s Mini Album by Stephanie Bryan
It’s no secret that I love making mini albums! I love finding a few pictures and some of my favorite supplies to create the perfect little memory book. Creating paper books is such fun, but every once in a while, I love to rummage through my fabric and felt scraps to make a different type of mini book.
This book is so simple to put together!!
1. Start by gathering your supplies. To make an album similar to this one, you will need fabric scraps, felt scraps, a few photos, several embellishments and a sewing machine.
2. Cut your fabric or felt to the size you would like your album and inside “pages” to be. I cut my cover (the white felt) to 8.5 inches wide by 4.5 inches tall and the inside pages (1 red felt, 2 fabric pieces) to roughly 7.5×3.5. Use pinking shears if you have them to keep your fabric from fraying.
3. Sew your two fabric pieces together so you have a pattern on both sides.
4. Cut out some hearts from your remaining felt scraps.
5. Sew a small heart onto the right side of your cover piece of felt.
6. Stack your fabric and felt pieces together how you would like them to be in your book.
7. Glue your embellishment pieces into place using hot glue or a fabric adhesive. Hot glue works great on fabric and felt and it’s my go-to when adding elements into mini books!
8. Sew (or staple) your photos into place. I chose to sew my photos if they were back-to-back on a page, and then I stapled a few into place.
Now you should have your three completed front/back “pages” for your mini book.
9. Keeping your pages flat, stack them together. Do a “test” fold to make sure your pages are aligned and straight before sewing.
10. Sew down the middle of your book making sure to backstitch at the beginning and end to keep your binding together and tight. Fold together and now you have the perfect little book of love!
*NOTE…if you don’t have a sewing machine, use a hole punch and ribbon to tie your album together! Book rings would work great as well!
Here’s a look at my finished book of LOVE!
Project Lifer Stephanie lives in North Carolina with her husband and two children and loves making mini books. She can only work on her projects during the day although stays up late editing photos. She watches very little television and could drink coffee all day long!