You + me.
Let’s do this.
So.. I’ve been a bit busy putting together a total powerhouse of content for the new Jot Pockets online course which will officially kick off on 6 July.. not that far away people! And I wanted to pop in and tell you a bit about it all.
MY STORY | I had a real love/hate relationship with Project Life when I first dipped my toe in a few years back and wanted to start recording our every day – pocket style! I trawled Pinterest, blogs, online galleries, message boards, facebook pages and #projectlife on Instragram.I gleaned as much information as I could and ..
…I was totally bamboozled. Confused. Overwhelmed and frustrated. There was just so much info out there and I had no clue where to start.
This was SUPPOSED to be easy.
Choose an album, print out your photos, add some journaling and whack them into plastic pocket pages…and you’re done.
But for an overthinking, over analysing, indecisive person like myself – it didn’t feel easy.
I mean, I had all. These. Decisions. To make.
- What brand album will I get?
- What size album will I buy?
- 12×12″ might be too big and might freak me out.
- Where will I buy my supplies from?
- What style page protectors? I might get sick of the one design..but having too many choices might make things too complicated.
- How will I print my photos.. ? At home? Or will I just get Big W to do it?
- How do you print 3×4 photos on my printer?
- What if I can’t keep up?
- What if I don’t have enough content every week?
- What if I have too many photos and stories and bits and pieces and I get so lost and can’t pull it all together?
- What if my pages look terrible?
- What if it’s all too hard and I can’t do this?
- Will I add digital elements or just use embellishments I already have?
- What if I waste too much time and money and I hate my pages, I fall behind and it all becomes a big fat waste of time?
- What if I hate my own handwriting??
- Will I even handwrite on the journaling cards or stick with computer journaling?
- Will I buy a Project Life kit or make do with my own scrapbooking supplies?
- What if it all feels like one big annoying chore hanging over my head…
- What if I stop half way through the year?
- What if??
After several weeks of researching.. I gave it a miss. My first foray into Project Life was over before it began.
Fast forward to the start of 2013 and I was back.
Armed with a determination to JUST GET ON WITH IT! I also gave myself a stern talking to and assured myself (yes, I self talk. A lot.) that it didn’t matter if:
- I didn’t keep up.
- I didn’t document every thing.
- I had a mix of page sizes.
- I had a mix of layouts + Project Life pages all in the one album.
- I didn’t finish the whole year..
This time there would be no pressure, expectation or rules .. I would let go and be okay with whatever I decided and if I only made a few Project Life pages here and there.. well, that was totally okay.
What I found though, was that I LOVED the whole system. I loved the simplicity of it all BUT also loved that there was scope for adding in embellishments and bits and pieces and explore different techniques within the pages. And once I took the pressure away from myself, the whole thing felt fun instead of a huge weight on my shoulders.
Oh I am far from the expert on all things pocket scrapbooking but I do know I am passionate about recording the every day. And after teaching a Project Life class at the recent Escape 2 Create retreat in South Australia, I remembered how much I loved teaching and sharing ideas and I saw first hand the number of people who loved the idea of Project Life but really didn’t know where to start.
So I started designing an online class. A class that would encourage and support and inform and guide you step. by step. Through everything.
And I poured all sorts of content into it.
And I set up a new classroom space (and it was so cool and awesome..) and soon..
And I just love this class.. and would love to invite you to be part of it. Our class officially kicks off on 6 July (and registrations will then close because I want us all to start and finish together) but in the meantime we have been chatting in the message boards, sharing some stuff in the galleries AND I have some pre-season tasks to warm you all up before the main event.
So maybe you feel totally overwhelmed about where to start with pocket scrapbooking or maybe you feel stuck and aren’t sure how to keep going or perhaps you are just curious about it all.. then Jot Pockets is for you.